"Come and help me build the Monastery of San Damiano, because ladies will dwell here who will glorify our Heavenly Father throughout His Holy Church by their celebrated and holy manner of life."
-
St.Francis speaking of St. Clare and her Sisters

Monday, April 12, 2010

A Photo Update - more details to come soon

A roof over our heads! The two photos above were taken in the cloister sacristy. 
Sr. Esther Marie was particularly excited - as she serves as Sacristan for our community.
It is amazing that even in this uncompleted state, it really 'feels' like sacristy in there!!!
In the other cool photo you are standing in the cloister sacristy looking toward the cloister loggia! 
It was awesome to have a roof over our heads :) 
Here is the outside view of the area where I took the first photo.
Doesn't the stone look awesome!  YAY
I love this shot.  Seeing the wooden ceiling beams go in is so exciting. 
The steel beams will be covered in a wood overlay as well.  WOW...it is so exciting :)
Joe and Steve pointing out some of the other progress to Sr. Marie St. Paul.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sisters,
    I am as excited as you are, I can't wait for my retirement next year when my husband and I will be able to visit you. In a couple of weeks I will continue the promise I made to you for the Reredos.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete